I’m going to be starting a new weekly article. It will include the details and pictures of my best shopping trip of the week with coupons. So let’s start with last week.
What did I purchase?
- Vlasic kosher dill pickel spears, 2 jars
- Ronzoni and American Beauty pasta, 21 boxes
- Campbell’s soup, 15 cans
- Hunts ketchup, 4 bottles
- Kraft 2% cheddar cheese slices, 3 packages
- milk, 2 gallons
- iceberg lettuce, 2 heads
- tomatoes, almost 3 pounds
- red onion, 1
How much did I spend and save?
- total cost before coupons and card savings – $111.15
- total card savings – $55.86
- total coupon savings – $17.10
- total cost after coupons and card savings = $38.19 (65% savings)
How did I do it?
- Pasta was on sale for $0.49 per box if you buy 10. I had $1.00 off coupons when you buy 2. So the store paid me $0.01/box to take them out of the store. (You may be asking how I got so many $1.00 coupons for the pasta. Here’s how I did it and you can do it too. You are allowed to print two of every online coupon on each and every computer in your house. The page I printed from had four coupons for pasta. So I printed each coupon twice from three computers in my house. I ended up with a lot of coupons 🙂 And I do this with every coupon I find online. But I only print coupons that I know I’ll use. Another way you can get multiple coupons is to buy multiple Sunday papers. That’s an expense I can’t justify, but I’ve read that it does work for some, especially those that live in areas where the stores double coupons.)
- The pickels were on sale 2 for $5 and I used two $0.55 coupons.
- The kraft cheese slices were on sale for $1.79 each and I used three $1.00 coupons. After coupons the cheese cost me $0.79 each.
- I didn’t have coupons for the soup, but they were on sale for $0.69 each when you buy 10. According to my best prices worksheet, the lowest price I’ve paid for soup was $0.66 per can. This price was only three cents more, so I decided it was worth it to pick up some more.
- I only had $0.25 coupons for the ketchup, and it was on sale so I bought it. I’m getting to the point that I’ll only use coupons I have if the product is also sale. I’m sure I could have gotten the ketchup for less eventually, but I’m just starting out with coupons so I can’t expect to get everything for a really great price yet.
“Bring your father and your households and come to me; I will give you the best of the land of Egypt, and you will eat the fat of the land.” – Genesis 45:18 NKJV