This is a list of breakfast ideas and whether or not they have been tested with food storage items. Once they have been tested, each will be linked to a post with the recipe.
** Eight ounces of juice will be served with each breakfast. We include grape, apple and cranberry juices in food storage. I usually water it down because it seems to rich for me right out of the bottle. When a juice bottle is empty we reuse it to store water.
- Egg & cheese w/bacon burritos (untested)
Home canned: cheese (cheese wax?), bacon
Homemade: flour tortillas
Augason Farms: scrambled eggs or whole eggs
Essential Food Storage: freeze-dried cheese?
- Cereal w/powdered milk (PASSED TEST)
We’ll be using boxed cereal and Country Fresh non-fat instant milk from Augason Farms. Their freeze-dried fruits are good on the cereal too!
- Pancakes w/bacon and fruit (untested)
- Waffles w/sausage (untested)
- Bagels w/cream cheese (untested)
- Yogurt with strawberries (PASSED TEST)
We’ll be using Crystal Godfrey’s recipe for making yogurt from non-fat powdered milk, and topping each serving with Augason Farms freeze-dried whole strawberries that have been crushed by hand or in a food processor.
- French Toast w/syrup (untested)